Monday, December 24, 2012

Vietnam -- Stop The Eviction

Vietnam -- Stop The Eviction

With any luck, you'd have watched the short video I made for the bear situation in Vietnam. If you haven't, click on the link above.

Honestly, I was really taken aback by the number of people who don't already know about bear farming. Perhaps I keep my cable on the Discovery Channel, Nat Geo and Animal Planet much more than the average person does.

So hopefully you've gone and done a little of your own research regarding this matter. It's absolute torture that humans put these bears through to get their bile. Let's see you in a cage so small you can't turn around, with a contraption sticking out of your belly and fluid draining from your infected wound.

I have such anger in me when it comes to aminal cruelty. I get very defensive. I don't understand why I have to give an explanation for everything.

Why do I have to give a reason as to why aminals shouldn't be tortured?
Why do I have to prove to anyone that it is cruelty?
Why do I have to explain how these aminals are being tortured?

I don't understand. I really don't.

Why is this an argument? You're human. You're able to empathize. You have the intelligence to know wrong from right. You have emotions. You are the only species that can make a difference and put an end to all of this.

Yet you don't, and yet you won't.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment