Friday, December 14, 2012

Our Journey

Dear Humans,

I know there are many of you out there who do care. Those of you who do hear about the wildlife trade, about animal cruelty and all things surrounding these matters.

I know many of you do care. I also know that most, if not all, of you don't know what to do about it. What is your voice going to do to change this situation? What can you do?

I'm not asking you to become an animal activist. The fact that you are even reading this by itself tells me that you do indeed care. You wish to be in a position to help, don't you?

Not many have the sort of dedication to be able to devote their lives, or even free time, to this cause. So you ask, why you?

You, because you care enough to read this.
You, because your voice DOES matter.
You, because you affect those around you.
You, because even though you don't know what to do, you know enough to know that this has to stop.

I invite you to join me on my journey. I am blessed in the sense that I am able to dedicate my work to it.

As much as you need me to find out what it is that you can do, I am not exaggerating when I say that I need you too. Not for your money. Not for your signature. As dumb as this is going to sound, I need you to keep me grounded. I need you to provide me with the motivation to keep doing this.

It's only been 2 weeks since I've started this cause. Two weeks. That's 14 days. 14 days was all it has taken  to break me down.

The cruel nature of all this really does take you out of your life and look back at it with a sort of emptiness. I battle trying to segregate this from my daily life. How can I go around pretending everything is okay when I know it isn't? How can I fall into a peaceful slumber with this at the back of my mind?

Humans, I need you just as much as you need me. You need to find a way you can help. I need you to help me before I can help you. There are only so many ways that I can help myself.

Thus far, I've learnt that this journey is going to be a very lonely one. Not many, if any, share my mindset. Does it pain me? Yes. Is there anything I can do about it? I don't know. Am i alone? Well, it sure seems like it.

This is a very dark, dark place I'm entering. I know that I won't regret this journey, but I hope that I don't bring anyone down with me if they're unwilling to share it with me. There is no guarantee that what I do is going to work. No guarantee. I'm going to kick and scream before even thinking of the possibilities of me being gagged.

I know that you don't want to hear about the sadness and cruelty in this world on a daily basis. Which is why I will be your barrier. I will be the filter. Don't get me wrong, I'll call things as I see it. No doubt about that. But I am your frontline. I am the one who will experience it before any of you do. And hopefully by listening to, watching or reading my stories, you'll be able to share my burden.

This burden is and will be a heavy one to carry. Please share it with me. You are my motivation.

Nowadays, I find it hard to smile. I can't blame everyone or not wanting to talk about this 24/7. I now know why I've never wanted to deal with this earlier on in my life. By nature, I'm a life-loving, enthusiastic individual. It would be a rare situation to see me sad, or without a smile.

All that's changed. And it's only been 14 days.

Help me help you. Since you don't know what to do on this journey, or where to begin -- let's do this together. You can't do it alone. I can't do it alone.

Love,
The Aminals

No comments:

Post a Comment