Tuesday, April 30, 2013

How many death will it take, Sarah? How many..

Dear Humans,

I received a message from a kind person yesterday. She was asking for donations to defray the cost of sending 5 cats to the vet.

Asked her for photos and a breakdown of how the money donated would be used to help the cats. I already knew how much it would cost as I send my cats to the vet more often than I would like to. And trust me, vets are no cheap business. Just had to ask to figure out if this story was a legitimate one.

Asked a couplea hundred other questions (again, this becomes a very sensitive situation when money is involved), and she answered them to the best of her abilities.

So. Long story short -- her story is legit. So please donate where you can.

This hits close to home for me as this disease, most commonly known as feline AIDS, was a disease that one of my own cats suffered from. It's been 2 years since his death, but everything about his journey still rings clear in my memory.

Something's got to change. Lives are being lost for no good reason. With modern medicine and facilities, this virus shouldn't be on the streets.

Something's got to change with me as well. I've found myself thinking -- how many lives have to be taken before I make an active effort to help?

You should be asking yourself that question too.

Love,
The Aminals

No comments:

Post a Comment